For those wishing to volunteer:
We are in great need of shelter sisters. As a woman volunteering for the shelter you can make a difference to abused women and their children. We provide internal training where you will learn how to greet and respond.
What we do here:
- We are here to listen, not to perform miracles!
- We are here to help women identify what they feel, not to make feelings disappear.
- We are here to help women make their own decisions, not to make decisions for them.
- We are here to discuss various steps with the women, not to take the steps for them.
- We are here to help women discover their own strengths, not to rescue them and then leave them vulnerable again.
- We are here to help women discover that they are able to help themselves, not to take charge of them.
- We are here to help women learn to choose, not to stop them making difficult choices.
- We are here to provide support to achieve change.